Sonntag, 18. April 2010

Baga confused - too much ash in the air?

Hey my friends,
today is the Playday-day and I am hopefully ready with all arrangements! I wrote a time-schedule and starting-list, created notes for the judges Bettina & Petra and painted a plan for the trail-parcours. Actually Baga and me would be a hot favourite for the trail but anything happened with my little horse what makes her confused. It started with the day as the ash from Eyjafjallajökull came into our country. Maybe Baga is smelling her home? Actually she is acting like a horse on the right side of the brain (parelli language = RBI). She is having fear about everything. On Tuesday she was rather normal but some kind of stubborn, on Wednesday I was wondering why she was not putting her feets on the pallet (pedestal). One of our favourite tricks at normal days. But this day she was acting rather fearful. But on Thursday everything was over and I could hardly touch her head, she was in fear about EVERYTHING including me. On Friday we had a riding-lesson with Teresa and I learned that best is to give continuity to the horse, so I put more self-confidence and leadership in myself and let her feel that there is no reason to be fearful. She was still freaky but it was getting better after she used her head to listen to me. At the end of the riding-lesson she seemed to have forgotten that she was fearful before :o) It was similar yesterday as I was riding at the oval-ground the first time this year (after the snow-season). She had fear about the tie of the new fence which was laying on the ground. But after some rounds the bad feelings were nearly gone. Now I would say we are no hot favourite for today but of course will we take part at the SSSól Revival Playday! It's just a new chance to show her that there is nothing to have fear about.
I am very excited if the flight situation in Germany will change soon because actually I have to fly to Vienna tommorrow. We'll see?!
Have a great, sunny day my friends! Now I have to rush...

2 Kommentare:

  1. WIEN? warum sagst du mir nix davon? wie lang bist du dort? ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ehrlich gesagt kenne ich mich geographisch nicht so gut in AT aus, dass ich hätte erahnen können, in Deine Nähe zu kommen :o) Bist Du nicht weit weg von Wien? Der Termin wird verschoben, weil die Flüge anulliert wurden. Wir können ja noch mal per Mail ein mögliches Treffen erörtern. Toll fänd ich das!!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen