Sonntag, 31. Mai 2009

Trying the patterns

After Sonnie had gone and busy photo-weeks I went on to pay more attention to Baga again. Actually I would need to wash Baga latest every two weeks because of the skin care products I am using against her sweet itch but it always were a problem because she hates water. Luckily I learned a lot the last months to try a new start with water. In the past months I often showed the hose to Baga but although I could hang it on her ear she immediately was scared again if it was placed on the ground. Anyway I took her on Monday, hold the rope in my hand and switched the water on slowly. After short time Baga accepted the water and I could wash her carefully. On Friday I had to repeat this because of oil which came into her mane and it was really easy. I could put the rope on the ground during the washing time and Baga was not often trying to escape ;o)
Then we started new with the touch-it and 8-pattern of Level 1. I often did the 8-pattern before but never with letting Baga doing it alone. So I tried it again and noticed that she knows what I want (although this should not mean that she is doing it). She is bored about it so I can not repeat it every day, that's why we are not good enough to do it in trot immediately. Later we also could touch the "obstacle" with both front feets. I also tried a game in the round corral but Baga changed the game before I noticed it. So she was the winner :o)
Baga 1 : Sabine 0
On Saturday I totally confused her as I went on the pasture but walked straight forward without catching her. After few meters I noticed that she followed me so I slowly stopped, looked at the sky and pretended as if I haven't seen her. She was nearly angry that I didn't paid attention to her :o) Baga 1 : Sabine 1
Then I put the saddle and the natural hackamore on and after repeating the 8 online I mounted on Baga. My plan was to start the follow the rail pattern although I was sure I always have done it before. No I didn't. I think the problem always was that I were micromanaging but after comprehending that it's Bagas responsibility to stay at the rail, it worked better than EVER before. I had to correct her sometimes but it went better after every round. Soon I noticed some power in her as if she would ask me for trot so I smiled and she immediately went in trot. We also followed the rail in trot easily and short time later I felt the same like before as Baga asked me for trot. Suddenly we were cantering and following the rail!!!! It felt as if Baga is giving me so much more if I don't put the bridle on and if I ask her to work more without my help. This day was so great to open my mind! After cantering few rounds on both hands I stopped in the middle, did a turn to the left side for 360° and mounted off. After this I took the hack and the saddle and carried it from the riding arena by myself ;o)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Super Bine, das klingt toll! Wir machen auch langsam unsere ersten kleinen Fortschritte. :-) Hatte ich ganz vergessen: viele Grüße von quarter91-Ines!:-)
    LG, Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen