Sonntag, 20. September 2009

New family member

After all harm at beginning of this year (spring) something good happened in june. There were a foal born on Schanzenhof the 10.6.2009 which I liked from the photo and as I went to the Schanzenhof few days later the little girl went straight into my heart.
Actually Martina wanted to name her Gletta but I asked her to name her Dimma instead. We are not sure about her real colour but she seemed to be dark and I love the name Dimma (darkness) since many years but never had a dark horse to use the name. The origin of this name is a dog which I met in Iceland 2005. I really loved this dog and using her name is keeping her always in my mind. My regards to everybody in Iceland at this place ;o)
My plan was to buy a fourgaited LBI (note for Parelli-students) which I can use for ranch work but riding in tölt, too. But as I met Dimma, all plans had gone. She had to be my horse - nevermind which gaits she has! Accidentally (or just fortune) she is fourgaited. Using a lot of trot and gallop but also showing clear tölt.
At our first meeting (14.06.2009) we came in contact easily although her mother were very shy and always escaping. Of course Dimma followed her. But she was curious enough to check me from time to time.
It followed a long period of thinking, calculating and discussing and although I never winned the discussions and got a clear NO of my "government" I decided to buy Dimma. Actually we planned a holiday tour northwards and accidentally the day of the retourn journey should be the 15.09.2009 - the date of Dimmas foal show. But unfortunately Jens got injured on his shoulder so we canceled the plans and the free days. I was very sad not to be with Dimma on this date but luckily Dagmar went to the Schanzenhof and came back with pictures for me! The whole day I was nervous waiting for a call of Martina which marks Dimma got. The phone call arrived me in the evening as I were cleaning the stable.
Dimma got 7,8 for building, 8,0 for character and 8,0 for gaits, total: 7,96
Furthermore she became the winner of the show! Judicial decision in german: Feines Stutfohlen mit guter Ausstrahlung und geschmeidigen Bewegungen im Trab und Galopp bei deutlichen Töltansätzen in den Übergängen.
Try of a translation into english: Fine filly with good charisma and smooth movements in trot and gallop with clear Tölt-attemptions in the transitions.
Yesterday I went to the Scahnzenhof to congratulate my foal to the successful show and we found her sleeping on the ground. I also felt sleepy so I took the place beside and spend some wonderful time with her.

We enjoyed the time together but soon we got disturbed by her brothers and sisters:
v.l.n.r. Vör, Sabine, Brynja, Dimma, Paul
Now I have to work but maybe we can make a colour-quiz together in my next blog. I'll show you some details and you speculate about the colour. Good idea?

9 Kommentare:

  1. Na dann mal allerherzlichsten Glueckwunsch zu der suessen Maus..... Viel Freude damit.

    Gruesse aus Island, Gitte

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sie ist wirklich total nett.Sie hat mir auch am besten gefallen.Dagmar hat ja ein paar nette Bilder von ihr gemacht.Schade,dass Du nicht dort warst!
    LG Antje

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Vielen Dank Euch beiden! Wirklich schade, dass ich nicht selbst bei der Fohlenmaterialprüfung sein konnte, aber der Samstag darauf war viel schöner ;o)

    LG Bine

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Glückwunsch zum Zwachs! Da hast du dir aber ein schickes Mädels ausgesucht!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Herzlichen Glueckwunsch!!!

    Es freut mich besonders, dass Du da bei den Fohlen mal wieder den richtigen Riecher bewiesen hast :-)

    Ich wuensche Dir und der kleinen Dame viel Glueck, möge sie immer behuetet leben und gesund steinalt bei Dir werden! :-) *drueck*

    Liebe Gruesse
    Sonja

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. ohh ist die zum knuddeln !!! allerliebste glückwünsche !!!! auch an die kleine Dimma weil sie eine so tolllle besitzerin jetzt hat !!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh, vielen Dank Ihr Lieben. Das sind aber nette Wünsche. Mögen Sie alle in Erfüllung gehen ;o)

    Liebe Grüße
    Eure Bine

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. P.S. Ich will auch so ein Hemd! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Bine, Dich darf man auch nicht unter Fohlen lassen! Dabei hast Du doch schon Baga...Fang nicht das Sammeln an ;-)

    LG Karen

    AntwortenLöschen